Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nueva Comanpera











Photos: (Top) how I usually take my meals... (Bottom) the view from my bedroom window

When I woke up this morning, my roommate Lisa was here! Yay new friend! She is wonderful so far and is very helpful. She speaks incredible Spanish and has been here one semester already. Woo hoo. She is an excellent wealth of information on things that I need to get and stuff. It is really good so far. Maria is also incredibly helpful and sweet. She took me out this afternoon to see if I could find an ATM that would take my debit card. WE FOUND ONE! woooooo. I was very happy to find that I did, in fact, have access to my money. It would have been a serious downer if that had not been the case.

I still am adjusting to my new time schedule. It is very strange to me that I have to wait until the afternoon before I even consider calling home. I still need a phone, but Lisa says that it wont be a problem at all, and we can go tomorrow...after my placement exam. I am really worried about that. Ugh. What if it turns out that I dont know any Spanish at all? Boo. What if I cannot even place into the classes that I need to take? I pray that these are idle worries. The clouds are finally parting and I can see some blue skies. I hope they are here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment