Saturday, January 23, 2010

La lluvia :-/

So it rained all day today. Blah. I was hoping to get some good exploring under my belt but no such luck. It let up a bit early this afternoon and I was able to make the quick trek to UPO (the university) I couldnt get far or see very much, because of the immediate and strong recurrence of the rain. (As it seems the Rain in Spain does not only Fall Mainly On the Plain). It then proceeded to pour its guts out all day long. Ah well. Then I had the inspired idea to take pictures of the house to post, only to find that my camera battery was dead. Oh well. So i took a nap instead. I am still recovering from jet lag I think, and the rain multiplied this effect.

Last night the big news story happened:
I woke up to a giant crash in my room. It scared me awake and I sat up and immediately looked around. I didnt see anything out of place, so I went back to sleep. Five minutes later I heard another loud crash. Again I got up and turned on the light but saw nothing of interest. So now that I was wide awake I decided to check my emails etc. Since it was still pretty early at home in the States. I proceded to pull out my desk chair and see the reason for the crash. The entire contents (not that much) of my desk drawer were laying on the floor along with the bottom of the drawer. Awesome. Not even in the country 36 hours and already I broke something. Great.
Not to mention that I had to look up like thirty words to explain to Lola what happened.

At any rate she saw it this morning and laughed, explaining that it would be inexpensive for her to repair it. She spent the day in Madrid today.

Thats about all for today...I am posting a picture of my room, since my camera is charged again and its the only lit room in the house at the moment (electricity is very expensive) and it is dark outside.











I love you all dearly.

te amo
kms

No comments:

Post a Comment