Monday, February 1, 2010

Books, la copesteria, shopping in Spain, tree climbing, and Star Wars





What a ride being in Spain is...never a dull moment I tell you! I have been busy busy busy, exploring the streets of the city, sightseeing, and finding good deals on awesome clothes and things. I have discovered the beauty of the city on a night tour, seen the Plaza de España, shopped with the locals, conquered the copestería at the university, climbed trees in el parque de maría luisa, and made it through my first few days of classes. Whoosh!

Today we went to go see the Cathedral...it is beautiful and huge...the largest in Spain I believe, however, it closes at five, and we arrived at 5:02, they mean business! I ate my first ice cream cone in Spain, and it was delicious. Way better than your average, every day American ice cream ;-) We then went to see the Plaza de España, and it was beautiful even under construction. It is where part of Star Wars was filmed. Queen Amadala's palace! woooo! Anywho, I posted a photo album on my facebook page with all the pictures of Spain thus far. I am going to post more here, but not all of them. I don't have much to say except that I have yet to encounter a Spanish food I don't love, I was told that one of my teacher's was dead (he isn't) by a lady laughing hysterically (at me) in the copestería, Lola is wonderful, Lisa is wonderful, my classes are hard as crap, but wonderful, I am a metro pro, and I got to meet little Lola (Lola's daughter) and her cute dog Audrey.

I love you all and would love to hear from any of you! send me an email if you would like!
hugs and kisses to all at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment