Saturday, February 20, 2010

Alcazar, 21st birthdays, and Carnival




Okie Dokie. so my last update was just before Carnival in Cádiz. Well, It was fun for awhile and then it was the worst night of my life. Drunk people everywhere, trash everywhere, and we had to wait for the nine a.m. bus to go home. ugh. Staying up all night has never been my forte, and it was just miserable. Fortunately, it did not rain, but it was freezing cold. And my roommate, Lisa, managed to get a ticket on the 8 am bus and she traded it with me! how sweet of her. Anyway. We did not sleep at all on Saturday night, and I barely slept on Sunday, and Monday was awful, cause I was just so tired. Kiri (the girl that lived in my room last semester) came on Saturday and was here till Wednesday. She is such a sweetheart too, from Australia.

Monday and Tuesday went by in a blur...but Tuesday I got a Valentine's package from Dane, and a package from Mom. Both were amazing packages. Wednesday morning we woke up super early and went into the city to see Kiri off on her train to Madrid where she was flying from. We had some coffee and made it back to school for class at 10:30. Wednesday afternoon we had our first intercambio event at school (mingling with spanish speakers trying to learn english etc.) and wednesday night was traditional 100 Montaditos.

Thursday we packed a bag lunch (bocadillo - well that means sandwich, but we use the term collectively) and headed into the city for our intercity excursion to the Real Alcazar, Sevilla's local palace. haha. It was pouring rain off and on (as it has been for the past week yick) but it was still a really fun trip...so beautiful! Thursday night was my friend Travin's 21st birthday, and true to American tradition, he gathered up all his friends for a night out on the town. I was resident photographer, so that he would not misplace his very nice camera between drinks. It was a lot of fun, we stayed out dancing until 5:30 in the morning. Then we walked a long way, so as not to over pay a taxi, and then I caught the metro home around 7:10 am. yes. that's what i said, 7:10AM, I made it to bed around 8am. phew. so fun though, and Travin had a blast.

So far so good here, the rain has been a little bit of a downer this week, but today is beautiful out, and I could go on a run outside. And this time next week, I will be living it up in Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment